Thursday, May 16
42nd Street Moonspace
246 Van Ness Ave.
Sunday, May 26
Plays in a Daze
Custom Made Theatre
533 Sutter, 2nd Fl.
Plays in a daze tickets on sale
Get your tickets now for Plays in a Daze, short plays written overnight and performed the following evening.
Congratulations to the following playwrights, chosen by random drawing, who will be writing new plays Memorial Day weekend, to be presented Sunday, May 26, at 7:30 pm at Custom Made Theatre, 533 Sutter, SF:
- Vonn Scott Bair
- Josie Basford
- Kristy Lin Billuni
- Mary Blackford
- Gaetana Caldwell-Smith
- Nina Foushee
- Charles Lerrigo
- Madeline Puccioni
- Rebecca Yarbrough
Plays in a Daze tickets
PCSF Best Short Plays Chosen
Congratulations to the following playwrights, whose plays will be included in the October production:
- Bits by Patrick Brennan
- The Kiss by l. zephyr
- Too Clever By Half by John Levin
- Trouble at Table 23 by Charley Lerrigo
- We Are All Jews Here by Vonn Scott Bair
- Future Tense by Kristin Anundsen
These plays will be joined by three additional plays, one chosen each week in the PCSF PlayOffs (see next item).
Sign up for PCSF PlayOffs
The hat is now open for names to be drawn to be part of our 2019 PCSF Playoffs. The PCSF Playoffs will (like last year) be held over three consecutive weeks in July, showcasing twenty-seven 10-minute plays by PCSF members. It will consist of three weekly rounds of staged readings, each featuring nine different plays, to run July 13, 20, and 27.
Full PlayOffs signup details
Graphic design contest
Submissions Call for PCSF Graphic
$100 Prize! – Please Pass along to your Graphic Artist Friends!
PCSF is looking for a "Playoffs" graphic to be used for the 2019 Playoffs and all future Playoffs productions.
- Only non-proprietary fonts should be used, so that dates on the "2019" Playoffs poster can easily be changed by PCSF for future years.
- This will be one graphic only, covering all dates/locations/times for the three "Playoffs" rounds.
- The submission we are asking for now should reflect Playoffs venue The Shelton Theater, 533 Sutter, SF; dates Saturday, July 13, 20 and 27; times: 2 pm and 4 pm; and ticket URL playwrightscentersf.org/PlayOffsTix
- Note: The URL does not exist yet; we will create it before publishing the artwork.
- The graphic should include a PCSF "banner" or "headline" along the top of the graphic that reads "Playwrights' Center of San Francisco." This banner should be approximately 1" high by 6.5" wide at 600 dpi, allowing for a 1" margin on all sides on a piece of 8.5" x 11" paper for the full graphic.
- The banner may or may not include a symbol/image; the main focus should be the text.
- The graphic will NOT include the names of playwrights, plays or the production team, directors, etc.
- The graphic should convey the idea of drama/theatre and also should convey "San Francisco." It should include reference to "2019 Playoffs;" the three rounds of nine 10-minute plays; as well as reference to the fact that the audience will vote for the best play of each round.
- The image/format of the graphic needs to be such that it can be used as a poster, postcard, on FB and suitable as an attachment to an email to marketing venues.
No other graphic will be used for marketing the "Playoffs" in 2019 or going forward.
- You do not need to be a PCSF member to submit. Members, please forward this call for submissions to others who may be interested in submitting.
- You can submit up to three designs for this graphic.
Deadline for the "Playoffs" design is May 12th.
Prize for the winner is $100!!!
- The Board will select the top three submissions. PCSF members will then be asked to vote for the winning graphic!
Please send questions and submissions to: email@example.com
PCSF Board Changes and Opportunities
Don Hardwick, actor, director and producer has been elected president of the board for the Playwrights' Center of San Francisco. Outgoing president Bridgette Portman will continue with the board as past president.
Anyone interested in joining the PCSF board is encouraged to contact Bridgette Dutta Portman
Publicity Guide updated
The PCSF Publicity Guide (PDF), a basic guide for getting audiences for your readings and performances, has been updated to 2016. Thank you to Laylah Muran de Assereto for her work on this helpful work.
PCSF hits 1600 plays
PCSF has hit a milestone! As of July 15, 2018, PCSF has brought 1600 plays to the stage in the form of public readings and productions. Some of these plays have gone on to readings and productions elsewhere.
We are proud of our record supporting Bay Area playwrights in honing their work, and we are proud of and grateful to the playwrights, directors, actors, volunteers, donors, and others who have brought us this far and are bringing us into the future of theatre.
History of PCSF readings
PCSF success stories